Star forward declares himself fit for round one after sickening head clash
SUPERSTAR forward Lance Franklin has declared himself fit for the Sydney Swans’ AFL season opener against Essendon on Saturday after recovering from a sickening head knock.
Franklin was sent to hospital as a precaution before being cleared of any major damage.
After a week's rest, the 2014 Coleman medallist said he was ready to launch his season at ANZ Stadium.
"I'm feeling much better," Franklin said on Tuesday.
"Probably for three or four days I had a bit of a headache but after that I've come really good.
“I did nothing last week, I took it pretty easy for six or seven days, just relaxed and made sure I got everything right.
“I’m feeling fresh and ready to go and I’m just really excited about playing on Saturday.”
Rohan also came away from the clash with no significant injuries, and Franklin said pace wasn’t the 23 year-old’s only physical gift.
"He’s got a bloody hard head he has," Franklin said.
Fellow tall Kurt Tippett has also been cleared to play the Bombers after another injury-interrupted pre-season, meaning the Swans will have their dynamic duo up and going from round one.
“It’s about building those relationships, and getting that bond and that connection between each other,” Franklin said.
“We’re still learning from each other and hopefully we can play some consistent football together and go from there.”
Internal competition driving Suns ruck to great heights, says Hardwick
Damien Hardwick says Jarrod Witts has had a 'terrific' start to 2025, largely thanks to the impact of understudy Ned Moyle
'He'll play when he's ready': Dogs hopeful as injured stars hit the track
Marcus Bontempelli and other sidelined stars Adam Treloar, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Cody Weightman have hit the training track together
'Embarrassed and ashamed': Oscar Allen opens up on Mitchell meeting
Oscar Allen has opened up on his meeting with Sam Mitchell
Swans blow as scans reveal Papley injury, forward to return via VFL
Sydney will lose Tom Papley for six to eight weeks after the star forward cracked his heel during training, while Logan McDonald will return via the VFL